Wednesday 17 February 2016

Block #1 "Hearts Aflutter"

 A Facebook Friend Lexie  added me to The Splendid Sampler Group on 
Facebook .... with over 12,000 members this is a massive Quilt-a-long 

This is year Long FREE Mystery Quilt along consisting of 100 blocks 
 being run by 

with Block #1 being released on the 14th of Feb...
with 2 blocks being released each week on 
Sunday and Thursday 
(Or Monday and Friday for Australian Quilters) 

I am looking forward to the challenge of doing these blocks
and I hoping that it will push me out of my comfort 
zone...its soo comfy here in my zone...

I have never done a online quilt along before so this will 
be interesting :) :) and just to challenge myself that little 
more I am doing 2 of each block.
 one will be nothing but what is in my Scrap Box.
As Quilters the Scrap Box is ever growing.
so I thought this will be a great way to use up those leftovers.

The other block I will be  using Riley Blake Fabric Called "country girls"
this is the colours of the Fat quarter pack that i had in my stash 


Here is a picture of the Block #1 that I used the Riley Blake Fabrics in
I am absolutely in Love with this Fabric line


and this is the Block below is the one
 that i have done out of my scrap
box 

you can find the Block pattern by
 clicking Here

Why not pop over to the Facebook Group and 
Join the Fun 


Happy Quilting ") N


The Splendid Sampler



No comments:

Post a Comment