Tuesday 24 June 2014

Butterflies everywhere Quilt #52

Well today I am doing a revamp of a quilt that i did 
last year...I have this one for sale for some 
time...
 I love the brightness of this quilt 


Last month I had a customer 
ring me with a request for a 
Handmade Custom Quilt 
in Blue 

but I just could not get it done in the time frame that they 
wanted the quilt...
so I sent her to a few places that I know that had 
ready made quilts 

but Michelle couldn't find anything 
she like...now Michelle had 
previously purchased a Minnie Mouse Quilt from 
for her daughter so she was familiar 
with my abilities ...

market day rolled around and here they
were Michelle and her Husband 
Looking at my Butterfly quilt 

they were in love with it ...
even though it was orange 

after some discussion we cam to the 
agreement that I would take off the Orange 
binding and make up some labels 
with family names and what the quilt 
was for ..

we arrange to have a meeting on the Monday and 
hash out the rest of  the planes and get 
names and spelling right 

after out meeting I started 
to take the binding off and replace 
it with a blue one instead 

out came the embroidery machine and 
labels went one 

the quilt was quilted with a all over 
designs of Butterflies 
using a variegated cotton in the same colours of the 
quilt 
as you can see it has tuned out just lovely 

Michelle took delivery of her quilt last week 
and was thrilled to bits with the end result 

and I was soo happy to be able to help them out with 
this special gift for their parents 50th Wedding Anniversary 

and as for me I am off to do another quilt for Sandra this time 

Happy Quilting ") N








No comments:

Post a Comment